DAFFODILS PUBLIC SCHOOL NURSERY TO CLASS 8TH
The curriculum at Nursery to Class 8th level aims at holistic development of students. It encompasses theme based activity oriented teaching – learning process. Some of the salient features are:
- Well integrated CoCurricular Activities and Life Skill Programme with academic curriculum
- Well trained & committed staff
- Optimum & efficient, student teacher ratio @ 15:1
- Effective teaching through Audio – Visual Aids
- A Library for teaching resources
- Activity based curriculum to reinforce the concepts introduced
- Childfriendly play area and toys to develop physical coordination, strength,flexibility, as well as providing recreation and enjoyment
- Observation of special days to inculcate healthy food habits, appreciation of nature and respect to alle.g. Fruit Day, Vegetable Day, Community helpers Day. etc.
- Age appropriate competitions to build self-esteem, confidence and also provide a platform to showcase their potential e.g. Shloka/Hymn recitation, Clay modelling, Free hand drawing, Show ‘n’ Tell, Sports Day
- Celebration of all major festivals to create cultural awareness
- Bonding time activity – Life Skills worksheets & age appropriate gender sensitization programme in school, Annual day and Rhyme time
- Classroom libraries
- Yoga activities
- Field trips
- Class picnics
Parents, peers & teachers form the most important triumvirate in a child`s life.
They are an integral part of the school community too.
This being the case, we at Daffodils, have made every effort to empower this triumvirate, so that we are able to enhance the holistic development of each & every child.
With this end in mind, we have in place, a scientifically designed faculty development programme & parent empowerment/awareness programme in place. Monthly observation of classroom teaching skills and feedback of the same is provided to all teachers.
Thevariedtopics we have addressed in workshops for teachers so far are:
- Personal development Plan
- Phonetics and teaching aids
- Identifying Learning disabilities in children
- Effective use of MS Word
- Formative years of a child
- Basics of Child Psychology
- Stress Management
- Story, rhymes and creative use of teaching aid
- Stress and Spirituality
Tell me and I forget, teach me and I remember, involve me and I learn